Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Travel-Blog.

This may be more like a "travel-blog" than an actual blog. A photo journal of my walk today. This is the start of my current favorite path. It is a little dusty, but full of surprises.

Below is the path usually not taken. I took it today just to see where it went. It was a big old circle back.

I wandered across a bridge over the 165 FWY to this very steep slope.
Hard to tell here, but trust me, very steep further up. There is a reward, however. Look what is at the top! I am not sure the real "green" comes through in the photo. It is astounding and breathtaking. I'm am looking back at this green expanse and turn around to see the street I've chosen to walk. Not bad for a City Street. As I was walking this sidewalk a man in dreads came up to me and walked with me for a while. He introduced himself, said he was a musician from Hawaii, but has been living in San Fransisco for the music! He said, "You are so beautiful, I bet you are married." I showed him my ring. We had an innocuous chat, he left me saying, "too bad you are married." I said "33 years." He said "wow! Congratulations!" He smiled and waved and walked away.

Then I came to a statue of a woman who helped create the park. Her name is Kate Sessions. I would have taken a picture of George Marston's statue, he is the "father" of Balboa Park, but there was a homeless guy there and I got a little nervous.

The South Side of the Park. I've never been here before. More paths and more surprises.

There is a "Horseshoe Club" here and the path below is just past that. I didn't think the two older gentlemen playing horseshoes would appreciate my taking pics, so I watched a while and walked on.

I traveled on a bit, saw a tiny view of the bay, turned around to head back on a different path. (It was starting to get a little late for me.) This is where I found myself.

I walked past a young (very handsome) man sitting in the back of his truck and he gave me the most beautiful smile. This is what was around us.

Okay. I was finally on the far side of the Park. Here is a view looking back.

Too cool.

Near the zoo. On the way home.

These palms below are in front of a building named "Tres Palmas." I think they don't know how to count.

Then...back again to my summer "home."

My day ended, finally, with a "Happy Meal." Couldn't help it. Too tired to cook. Love those stupid little burgers, and just enough fries. I'll eat spinach tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, so familiar! I love walking and the Park is sure a great place to do it! Hi to the apartments, my former home!

    ReplyDelete