Thursday, August 20, 2009

Broomsticks!

I've talked about change before, but this may be profound. I don't like change. I will adapt to change. I will work in the presence of change. But, I will not be dissed. I have been in the business too long. I am a stage manager so I don't have an "important" name. But I've worked a lot more places than this local city. I chose this job because the people were cool. I've done it for 4 years now. Not very long, in my career. I wanted to be instrumental in what I thought was a dedication to creating a company. Doesn't seem to be happening. Without its founder, the sense of the whole thing is lost. I am desolate.

I will live in the now and revel with the company I have. We are GREAT together. We are doing wonderful lively shows every night. I will see what tomorrow brings.

I will make some difficult decisions then. I am married to nothing but my long patient husband. It is my life. I have a life.

I have been around too long to put up with any bullshit. (My mother would have said, "broomsticks." ) So, I am too old to put up with your 'broomsticks!' I won't do it.

There is another world out there.

1 comment: