Friday, August 7, 2009

I laugh in the dark.

I try to leave work at work. I try to live and look and read and play when I am not. I try to keep it all focused and directed and not let one bleed into the other.

I find I rest better and get more life accomplished if I am not stressing about what needs to be done tomorrow at work. Or, if a work task is out-standing and needs to be done, I will do it right away. I don't want it hanging over me for another minute. Let me take an hour now. I'll get it done and move on, or go back to sleep, or whatever. The point is, I can then let go.

I find I work better if my focus stays on the task at hand. I am a bit of a work-oholic and I find I can let my life go during those hours of the day I'm paid to pay attention. Oh, let's face it. I'm motivated by more than money to pay attention. I love my work. I want it to be good. I'm vested in it and I believe in it. This is what makes my work easy and what makes my work hard. I care.

I care.

I get too tired too. Those times, I need to protect myself and go back to my life, my husband, my family and myself. I'm better at both if I take the time to "do something else."

Blogging for me is doing a little something else. I do wish it were a bit more of a conversation sometimes. But, it is what it is. Is anybody reading? Do I care all that much? I think I do. I'm not sure I want to care. I talk to the trees.

I laugh in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment