Saturday, August 22, 2009

Here I am.

It is hard to worry about the distant future when tomorrow presents so many challenges. I need to remember to take one day at a time, face the challenges presented, find solutions, and move on the the next task at hand.

Life and Death happen while we sit around brooding, or being angry or hurt or sometimes just bored. There is always something more to do in the day, there is always a phone call to make or a lunch to have with a dear friend or a refrigerator to clean. There is just no time to wallow or worry. There is only time to act.

Speaking of refrigerators, I just noticed I have four 1/2 empty bottles of diet pepsi hanging around in my fridge. Clearly, I can't drink an entire bottle. But... why do I open a new one each time I want a pepsi? Maybe I'm expecting it to be fresher? I also tend to buy too many jars of mayonnaise and too many cans of soup. I just don't eat that much soup! I certainly don't need any more mayonnaise. And milk. More milk than I can reasonably use before the expiration date. A grocery list might come in handy.

I have to drive to Los Angeles Sunday Night. I have a class to teach Monday morning. I am not ready. I have a rehearsal and a show tomorrow, and rehearsals and shows Sunday and Tuesday. (I have actors out again.) I will deal with the here and now. I will find time to prepare for my class. I will conduct and direct the rehearsals, and call my shows. I won't look to the future, at least not further than I can foresee. (I won't look past Tuesday.) I will work and live and love now.

Here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment