Sunday, August 16, 2009

Nothing.

I keep thinking that I'd done nothing today. Nothing. Nothing is actually hard to do. My nothing consisted of getting up this morning, making coffee, reading email, doing the Saturday crossword, checking facebook. My afternoon nothing included the laundry, the dishes, a little television, and cooking chicken and rice. My evening I went to work and did a lot of something! So, no I did not do nothing today. I did some things. I even did some things well. (The chicken and rice with peas and spinach was really quite tasty and satisfying.)

It has started to dawn on me that the summer is coming to a close. I will start teaching again a week from Monday! I will be driving to LA in the wee hours of Monday morning after my show comes down, sleeping at home, getting up at an ungodly hour, teaching, then spending the rest of my day off at home with my husband. I drive back to San Diego on Tuesday for my Tuesday night performance. I will do this until the shows close and I've moved back home. It is the final stage of my summer adventure. The final act. The circle complete. Again. (Oh, that reminds me. I have to do my syllabus and my lesson plans. I have to do that next week, already! Such a surprise the way time flows, or maybe jets by.) Made myself think of a quote from one of Phil's songs: "Over 50, flew past 30, fly fly fly fly fled." jukeboxtahini.blogspot.com

I love the way my house smells. It smells like home. I wonder why it only smells that way when I come home Sunday nights. I don't notice it the rest of the year, when I am actually living at home. One of those strange weird things. I wonder what it smells like to my friends. I remember an old t.v. ad. "Does your house have 'house-atosis?' Then try (some brand name) air freshener." Not very effective advertising since I can't remember the product.

You can see my toes from space. Cryptic, but if you know me, you probably know why.

1 comment:

  1. Its so nice seeing a photo of your house! I can't believe its time for you to start teaching again. It truly means the summer is winding down, doesn't it? But you'll get to go home and spend time there with Phil and that can't be bad. Have a great day off tomorrow. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete