Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"Game Night" and the Apartment Below.

There is just something so wrong about vodka and a chocolate cookie. It is just a little this side of decadent. Not like scotch and Fig Newtons. Or wine and cheese. Or even champagne cocktails and fries. (Done them all.) Maybe decadent is not the word. Maybe it is just simple indulgence. Perhaps vodka and a plum would be better, but ooh, I love those sugary cookies.

Work is over for the day. Successful and satisfying. We had a very large and enthusiastic crowd this evening. We did Twelfth Night tonight. Hilarious and moving. The cast is winding down at "Game Night." This is a party that takes place in the apartment above me. I can hear it clearly. They drink, eat and play group games. I don't want to go, so I won't. Sometimes it is nicer to sit alone and contemplate the days. Perspicacity. That is what I am looking for. A little wisdom and perspective. A little serenity. A little peace. (Especially since I can't get the "and quiet"...)
I took this picture today. The clouds were a result of the high humidity, but they made a great backdrop for this very tall tree. I used my phone! Still amazing to me.

The tree made me happy. I'd forgotten if I'd locked my car, (no short term memory left) so I'd doubled back to check and my luck was good. I was looking up.

Oh! Sounds like Game Night is a hugh success! (Lots of cheering and applause and feet stomping on my ceiling!) I don't begrudge them this. I rejoice they like one another enough to spend even more time together. Kinda wondrous, really.

Maybe I'll just go check in on them. They are very dear to me, after all, and in my care.

Maybe I won't and instead just appreciate my beautiful company from the apartment below.

It is all good from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment