Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Harpo.

Many long years ago, I went to a Halloween Party dressed as Harpo. I was obsessed with the Marx Brothers at the time. I remember going to a Marx Brothers Film festival with my boyfriend, Danny. It was at the Universal Amphitheatre which was open air in those days. Flash Cadillac played before the first of three films. That was fun. (I am sure I am dating myself!)

An old friend of mine posted this pic on facebook. I'd never seen it. I have to be about 19 years old here. Kinda amazing!
My right hand is holding a horn. My Mom helped me with the costume. That is my Dad's old tux and shirt I am wearing. The scarf was my mother's. I don't remember where we found the hat. You can't see them but I am wearing suspenders and have all sorts of items tucked into the coat. I'm sure I was drunk. I was a math major at the time, but clearly leaning toward the theatrical. Crazy broad.

Just took a moment out from the blog to have a drink with two of my actors. What lovely wonderful people. One had just had a brush with a rattlesnake, and the other has a new baby who is growing up everyday. New information. New and wonderful and sometimes frightening news! But we are all cheery. And, clearly, happy to be employed in such wonderful endeavors.

How could I have imagined, at 19, that my life would be full of little joyous moments. I am pleased. With all the hardships and difficulties life presents us, these little moments can mean everything. They can mean I not only wake up happy, I go to bed happy.

Sorry to be so saccharin. I am just not worried. I like that feeling. I live in a town called "Hope."

See y'all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment