Thursday, August 6, 2009

Later.

Early afternoon. I have a few loose details to attend to, then I can get inside my head and walk. I hear the building stirring. With most of us on a late night schedule now, we tend to stay up late and sleep late. It is okay, but we are like vampires and have no real connection outside our little community.

I try to "keep up." I find my world is still quite narrow. My concerns are small and inclusive of family, friends, and colleagues. I have some control at this level and that allows me a certain amount of security. When I think of the wider world, I feel angry and helpless, worried yet hopeful. I don't think about the future. I think about right now.

This will change. Maybe later today. I have very strong opinions, sometimes didactic, but I haven't followed current events enough lately to back my opinions.

Maybe I'll buy and read a newspaper. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment