Sunday, June 7, 2009

There is another world out there.

Another successful day behind me.  My director is happy, my designers are happy, my wardrobe supervisor is resigned but looked like she was smiling, um, earlier. My cast is tired but willing, and my fantastic crew seems to be okay with it all.  I don't have to go to bed worrying about tomorrow.  I have the best staff I've ever had.  They are not only creative thoughtful self-motivated individuals, they are cheery and bring a kind of joy with them to work. This is a hard process and I am so grateful to them.  My First Assistant and I are still waiting for the other shoe to drop.  (She has become very superstitious.)
After a day of noise it is very pleasant to come to my apartment (not my home) and be quiet. Charlie keeps wanting me to have a drink with him.  He told me he is always up this late, but no.
I'm not ready yet.  I need the solitude and the thoughts.  We'll do the bistro later.  There is plenty of time.  This is my rhythm.  I am in the "I have to protect myself" mode.  

Can't believe it is Sunday.  Can't believe another week went by.  I need to slow down and savor every moment.  This experience doesn't in fact last forever.  And, weird as I am, I LOVE this part of my job.  I am in tech, and it is my moment to shine.  I will revel for 2 minutes.

Okay.  Done with that.  Now, what is happening out there in the "real" world?


No comments:

Post a Comment