Friday, June 5, 2009

Auntie Em.

Why do I want to sleep at 7pm when I have to go back to work; and then can't sleep at 2am? The dinner nap is too seductive... I look at the (very brief) time I have, (trying to make a healthy dinner, sleep and get up again).  The end of work, end of day sleep is difficult.  The mind needs to unwind and to clear.  With brain work this extended, one needs to "chill."  

So, I do.  I listen to music, I even dance sometimes.  I practice on my yoyo.  I'm not very good, but I like it.   (And it is quiet.. unlike my neighbor who has to practice guitar late at night.  And, believe me, he needs the practice.) 

I got a comment from my niece.  She called me Aunt M.  How far away is that from Auntie Em?
"Auntie Em, Auntie Em!"  This was the very first time I thought about that.  Oh, gosh... now they will all call me Auntie Em.  Kinda funny, kinda cool and okay too.

I do get disallusioned some times.  I do have my joy slammed back into my face.  It is just a part of this very complicated thing we call life.  I don't just run around and say "Golly, I'm happy all day."  I'm not.  I get angry.  (you don't want to see that)   I get sad.  I don't have blinders on.  I know life is hard.  My life is hard.  (Now I am speaking just for me)  I work hard, and that makes things easier.  (For Me.  Your experiences may vary!?)

I write this blog to appease those incessant voices in my head trying to make me call someone at 2 in the morning.  In part, I write this blog so I don't impose on the very dear people I call friends.  These are all truly random, and private (now public) thoughts.  To those of you I am no longer calling...I love that you've tolerated my late night calls.  To those of you I don't know.. Well, what the hay.

Auntie Em.





1 comment:

  1. Saw a previous poster's comment wondering if you were an alien. (Your post from yesterday). Today you write (para 1) 'with a brain this extended, one needs to chill'......

    Conehead?

    ReplyDelete