Thursday, June 4, 2009

Small Tasks

I crack myself up.  So does my beautiful husband.  We not only make each other laugh, we make ourselves laugh... alone. How weird is that?  I think it is because we are comfortable with each other, but also comfortable alone.  We are apart too much, and yet, from afar share a sense of humor about the planet, and the people... it may all be too private.  But we laugh.  

And, in the end, isn't that really the point?  Let's have a good time!  There is no reason why we shouldn't enjoy the life we lead.  (No, don't tell me about your diseases and misfortunes.  You have no knowledge of our travails.  And, I don't care.  I don't know you.)

I'd love to give you a recipe for happiness.  Gosh, I wish I could.  Well, an attempt.  With each new day you face a challenge.  It may be as small as getting out of bed, making breakfast and taking a shower.  Celebrate that achievement.  For some of us that is no small thing.  Celebrate getting the breakfast dishes done.  Take each moment and realize how alive you are.  It is what we (the happy people) do.  Little challenges, little tasks.  It is all good.
My love to my people.
My love to the world.
xoxo  

3 comments:

  1. Well, we all get the point that you and your beautiful husband (who must be a real knock-out) are not together as much as you'd like. Sorry for that. Some of us live a life of pious rectitude (like Sister James, Sister Aloysius and the other nuns in the play 'Doubt')....and we'd frankly prefer to be 'getting some'.....at least once and a while.

    But no. That's where the piety and the rectitude come in handy.

    So yeah. You should consider yourself lucky. And you should wake up Happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "From afar you share a sense of humor about the planet"..........huh? Are you guys Aliens from another world or something?

    Glad you and she share this very private sense of humor. Sounds like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inner beauty? There is NO BOX OFFICE value to inner beauty. Theatrical reference: Neil Labute's new play, "The Importance of Being Pretty."

    Like, duh, man.

    Now go wake up Happy.

    ReplyDelete