Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Leap

There is something so satisfying about a task done well.  When all the elements under one's purview come together and the last piece of the puzzle is added and somehow, it all works.  The standing ovation doesn't hurt either.

We come together, with passion for the art.  We pour our hearts into the same vessel, and sometimes, sometimes the result is glorious.  And in that moment of creation, of near completion, nothing else matters.  We live for the art.  We live for the recognition of the art. We live for the appreciation, but we do it for ourselves.  Sometimes, we just do it for ourselves. 

It doesn't matter what the project is.  The process and the doing is all.  This is true each time we come together and bleed a little.  (Sometimes more than we thought we could afford, but almost always worth the journey.)

I don't need a reward for taking this leap with all these people, these artists, but it is oh so nice to get that first standing ovation.

1 comment:

  1. Last night was pretty magical, I thought. Just plain exciting and extremely well done. Bravo to you and everyone involved.

    Referencing your last post, in the past year I have found myself saying "Jeez-oh-petes." This was something my family said in my young, young days and suddenly it crept back into my daily speech. My husband looked at me like I had lost my mind. I had to explain it was a Midwest thing.

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete