Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Journey

Some things go very very well. Some things, not so much. Sometimes one's personal life doesn't exactly take a back seat to career, but is given less time in the day. This is highly unfortunate. And the least desirable.
My personal relationships are very important to me. My husband gets the very few extra minutes I have each day, and my other relationships seem to dissolve. I try to answer the odd email, but in my business, friends and family understand and don't write or call... They don't want to bother me. Hey! It is not a bother! I love the odd message now and again, especially if one doesn't mind getting no response for a week... or two.
You may say, "How hard is it to pick up the phone?"
Well. A recap of my day... This is today, mind you, and not the longest day I've had.

3am - Went to Bed...finally. Tough day. (Would have loved to call you, but, it is SO late.)
9:30am - Woke up, had to go back to sleep. Dreamed the President of Iran was assassinated. Weird.
10:00am - Woke up for good. Checked e-mail. Did a little online work, ate breakfast while I did the work. (If I'd called you now, I would have never eaten breakfast.)
10:15am - Called my husband.
10:30am - Jumped in the shower
11:00am - Went to work.... what happened there is another post.. or just check the rehearsal schedule.
5:00pm - Came back to the apartment, ate dinner, tried to take a nap. Unsuccessful. (Guess I could of tried to call then, but I was exhausted and in no shape to "chat".)
6:30pm - Went back to work (..busy)
8:00pm - Called a Show
10:40pm - Ended the Show.
10:43pm - Tech Notes in the House
11:00pm - Notes with the Director and Lighting Designer
12:30am - Drove the Director to his car
1:00am - Arrived back at the apartment. (Too late to call you, though I wanted to talk then!)

This was a gloriously short day, for this point in the process. The journey, we sometimes call it. Yeah, that works. The journey.
I am on a journey... and it takes the time it takes. I will be back. But when I have returned, I may, in fact, not need this blog until the next journey begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment