Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dad-O

I have a pimple on my lip that is caused by my headset. My left ear feels funny when I take my headset off. My tech table was too close to my seat during the first act tonight, so I had to perch, with the butt-board angled. I accidentally turned off the electrician and missed a cue. (The director said later, "did we miss a cue there?") I was dead asleep at 6:55pm, but still got to work by 7:15pm, and was calling a show 55 minutes later. Wow.
And yet... the director was so happy with the performance that he gave the actors notes after the photo call and gave us the afternoon off. Wow. Unheard of! Especially in Rep! Whatever will I do with myself? Oh, I know! The Dishes! Maybe I'll wash the sheets and the towels. Maybe I'll cook something to last me the last 2 days of the week. Wow.
My little world.

A friend of mine posted this on facebook:

Passing this on: " If anyone is on Twitter, set your location to Tehran and your time zone to GMT +3.30. Security forces are hunting for bloggers using location/timezone searches. The more people at this location, the more of a logjam it creates for forces trying to shut Iranians' access to the internet down. Cut & paste & pass it on."


Makes me want to get on Twitter.

I am worried about Iran. I don't really know what else to say about that. We will see how the events unfold. I think we may be about to witness something profound and historic.

I look at my hands and they look like my mother's. I look at the wrinkles forming around my mouth and they are my mother's wrinkles. There is something about that that is actually comforting. I look in the mirror and I see Her. I am finding I don't mind it as much as I thought I would. I wear some of her clothes from time to time. I am always complimented on her choice. As I get older, I miss her again. I miss her more and more. Mom.

I miss my Dad-O too. I should just shut up and call him. Don't know why I call him Dad-O. Didn't really realize I had been calling him that since childhood, until he started signing notes to me "Dad-O" I asked him, "why Dad-O?" he said...."that is what you call me." So I have been responding to him with a weird spelling of my nickname, that he, in fact coined. It works for us. "Maire." Better I guess than "Mare." It is more elegant on the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment