Friday, June 26, 2009

Let Your Mind Go...

Quiet. Hm. Sometimes all we need is a little time to be quiet. Don't think. I say "zen it all", but my mom used to say "you already know how to be quiet, you learned to pray." What is the difference between saying 10 "Hail Mary's" and "Om ne oh ho ringae kiyo" ? They are both just litanies designed to clear our minds. My mom said "You don't need to learn how to meditate. You already know how." I think, Catholics who were taught to pray, do know this. I don't believe anymore, but I will use those very particular chants to clear my head. Or to sleep, or to grieve. hm.
Maybe it is in the repetition. The rote. Maybe it is in how easy this is and how calm it makes one feel. There is a kind of freedom in letting your mind go. (And the body will follow.)
If you get that reference, well, then, you know me.

No comments:

Post a Comment