Friday, July 3, 2009

What a Ride!

I'm hanging.

I had a great rehearsal today for Coriolanus and a really terrific 3rd Preview. I love this show. It is just so much fun! It is a wild ride, and oddly, not unlike The Manchurian Candidate. My cast members are so good and lovely people to boot. We have to work out some solvable kinks, and then we will open the 3rd and final show of this Rep. So cool. Gotta love the work.

I was recently reminded of my other job. I teach. I teach stage management at a well-known university. I love it. I love teaching. I teach everyday anyway, I might as well get paid for it. During the school year, I teach on my day off. Yeah, seems like that would be a bummer, but the only thing bad about it is that I have to get up early. Once I am there, I am so happy to talk to all these beautiful young men and women about what they want to do when they grow up! It is thrilling. I teach a 3 hour class. It is never enough time. (We take Equity breaks.) I can talk about my business, apparently, incessantly. I miss my kids in the summer. (Though I hired one of them to work with me this summer. So great.)

To steal from a commercial: "When I grow up, I want to be an old woman"! Love that! Brilliant advertising. I particularly like the woman who cheer-leads. That could be me one day. Either that or I'll just be dead. Either way, it's okay.

I've Preview #4 tomorrow. Whoa.. what a ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment