Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Cheshire Cat.


Well. That was a wonderful come-back. The thing about Rep is that one doesn't do the same show every night. So.. every night is a new adventure. We did our second performance of Cyrano and although not flawless, (it is live after all) it was perfect in the big way. Fresh. Charming and luscious and huge and glorious. What a way to spend an evening. Tomorrow Twelfth Night. Thursday Coriolanus. We have a fantastic selection of shows. We have nearly 12 more weeks to enjoy. I am in heaven.

We've opened them all. (The designers are gone, the directors are gone. The support crew is around, but working on the next show. Gosh, it is so quiet!) We've moved to the next stage. Understudy rehearsals. We start tomorrow. (What? Opened and back in rehearsal?) Yes... this is what we do. But, there is less stress. I try to make it fun. We take breaks when we feel like it, or it is too hot (we eat otter pops), or if we need to pee. It is just me and my actors. It is a different world from "rehearsal." Okay. It is a rehearsal but, trust me. Things have changed. We concentrate on "covering" the show. We aren't creating. This is so much easier. And joyful in its own way. And, not to be contradictory, but we are very creative during this process. I can't explain, so I won't try.

Satisfaction. Satisfaction is far better than its press.

I very much needed to step back into time today. I did. I'm satisfied.



No comments:

Post a Comment