Monday, July 20, 2009

Be Here Now.

My staff and I hate to say things that may bring the theatre gods' wrath down upon us, but... dare I... I may have the best three shows, the best company, the best crew, the fewest dramas ever! We have reached the final stage of my summer adventure. With 10 weeks to go, no more scheduled rehearsals! (Except for the one "put-in" in August.) All of our days are now free. We are outside and don't do matinees. We have what is called "a six show" week. Heaven. Very civilized for theatre.

My compatriots and I have decided the words to live by are "Be Here Now." Very many things are changing for us, and we discuss, we ponder, we wonder and worry about the future. Well, ultimately, how silly! This is so good. Let us revel instead and "be here now." Right now, we have each other. Right now we have these marvelous productions. Right now is the place to be. In both body and soul.

I have long ago given up wishing the day, the hour, the experience would end. I've realized that is the equivalent of wishing one's life away, waiting for something better. Well, something is better right now! I will be here now.

And yet. I can still miss. Inside all of this.. glory, I can still miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment