Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Summer.



Summer and it is hot. I work outside and we are melting during the day and sweltering in the evening. At least, I don't wear a costume, though I have to wear black or I see my reflection in the window of the booth. This is my fourth summer in San Diego and the air conditioning in the booth has never really worked. It is hot. Oh, my gosh and the weird bugs!


We have these flying monsters. The carpenter bees are everywhere. I rather like them. They are curious and friendly. Then...we have these really stupid jade colored beetles. They fly around, no, really, a round, like in a circle and right into you. They fall to the ground, roll over and fly into the side of a building. They crack me up. Harmless, yet disconcerting. They are EVERYWHERE. I think they have escaped from the zoo. I've only seen them in San Diego.

Balboa Park is loaded with bunnies too.
.Everywhere you look. I think they account for the presence of ...(ominous music)...


It is a very strange and magical place of employment. It is wondrous and joyful. Confusing and fun. Oh, have I told you about the planes that fly right over our stage?

No comments:

Post a Comment