Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Job Hunt, Part 8. (It is an on going endeavor.)

Today was a really good day.

I picked up my script and the re-writes for my show at the LATC. I taught my class and my students were wonderful and engaged. I got two very important emails. One from Disney, telling me to hang in, they will be calling. The other from The Music Center offering me a two day job that I accepted. So, for two days at the end of April I will actually be employed by three different organizations. Gotta coordinate that! Gotta love it.

Tomorrow, I will attend to my husband. He is having an MRA. Yeah, I know... you think MRI, but no... this is a specific test to see if he has an aneurysm. He has symptoms. Sucks, but we have to find out. Interesting that I spend as much time talking to our insurance company as I do worrying about the results of the test. (By the way... we are covered and they will pay 100% of the $2,000 or more cost. I checked. One has to.)

When chronic illness becomes the constant visitor in one's family one wishes that visitor was fish. (Guests are like fish... good for 3 days. Oh, and I am allergic to fish!)

We move forward. We can only travel through time minute by minute. Give us the Tardis. Let us jump ahead and jump back and travel without time. Ah, what a gift that would be.

Minute by minute we forge our future. It is okay. It has to be.

No matter where I go, there I am.
If you lived here you'd be home by now.

1 comment:

  1. Good news on the employment front, my friend. I'm thinking of you and your sweet husband.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete