Sunday, March 28, 2010

Smoke In The Distance.

I just played with the language button for my blog. I was thinking the button would turn everyone's posts into another language, but it only changes the instructions. Then, I had a (very brief) moment of panic when I couldn't find "English" listed anymore. Ah, yes! French for English is "Anglais." Restored and recovered. (Lucky I didn't change the language to Bantu or Klingon.)

The cherry trees were in bloom last week.
Already the pink blossoms are falling off the trees and I walk on pink petals. I don't know why the blooms fall so fast. (Maybe the bees are done?)

I see a lot that I wonder about. Some things I'll look up on the internet. Sometimes I'll call my husband or my dad and ask. The cherry blossoms I share with my friends who are walking on petals too. Sometimes I let the mystery percolate and create a scenario or two.

Smoke in the distance... A fire? Of course. But what is burning? A building? A business? A pile of tires? (The smoke is so black.) A signal? An omen? A warning?

I never found out the cause of the fire. The smoke was gone in the time it took to take 2 photographs. Another unsolved minor mystery. Diverting and as least as entertaining as playing with buttons better left alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment