Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Job Hunt, Part 7.

My intention is to accept a contract Monday. I will start pre-production April 20, open May 15 and close sometime in June. It is a small contract, but it is 8 work-weeks and a re-introduction to L.A. theatre. I've pondered ... just like it takes money to make money, it takes work to generate work.

This is a new play. Ah, back to my roots. This is a new play by a fairly famous American playwright. Another plus. (He is also directing...) This is with an up and coming theatre company (I hope) and I already like the people, well, ... the artistic director is my friend.

I will still be interviewing with Disney sometime soon. The position I've applied for has generated so much interest that Disney currently has many viable candidates. (Helps to have friends at the top! They tell you the truth.) I've been encouraged to interview anyway, partly because they might like me best and mostly because they have some casual employment contracts that need filling. I'm all for that. May work better for me, I wouldn't have to leave stage-managing completely.

Tomorrow I need to prepare for my other job. I teach stage management on Mondays at USC and it is oh so satisfying. We've been exploring the new media platform rules on the internet and we've been having a great time.

My dear readers, it is late. Late in the day and getting later in life with every moment. I'd best do what I'm best doing.

Hey, I got a job!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Very, very happy to hear this, my friend.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete