Thursday, April 1, 2010

True Patriots.

I heard my husband say to a dear friend of ours, "They think the world is what they play." I understood. The children who have become so violent are playing out, in real life, the video games; the violence ubiquitous in the gaming.

They think the world is what they play. Hmm.

Later this evening, I thought, "Republicans think the world is what they pay."

A disturbing thought and frustrating because I don't want to think of Republicans as my enemy. I know (and love) too many. I know good, loving and thoughtful people who are defensive and aggressive and embarrassed and re-thinking, but so dedicated to the Republican Party that they are unwilling to see a singular truth.

We need help.

We don't need a "party of no." We need thinking people who will help all of us, Republican, Democrat, Independent, Green, whatever... Congress is supposed to represent us ALL! It does not matter to which party the elected official belongs. Our elected officials are supposed to speak for us in our smaller communities. I've never seen that happen. My rep. is supposed to represent me whether or not I voted for her. I don't get the wrangling.

Help us.

Help us. On my small block, we have 30% unemployment. We are a working class neighborhood. WE HAVE 30% UNEMPLOYMENT.

Outrageous.

No one is helping. No one is there. Not democrats, not republicans, not the green party, not the libertarians, not the scientologists, not the independents. (I don't capitalize because I respect none...)

We think, those of you who have time and money for politics care only about your own reputation. None of you address the real day to day needs of the people who depend on you. None of you are really listening to what is important.

I will tell you. We can't find jobs. We want to work, but there is no work. We can't pay our medical bills. We want to, but they are just too expensive. We don't understand why you spend so much money in Iraq when we want the soldiers home. We want our children educated and our streets repaired. We send you tax money that strips our ability to pay our phone bill. We manage our own budgets better than any expert you seem to have.

Step Up and Stop It!

Help us!

Help us live our lives taking care of our children, working in environments that won't give us cancer, and leaving a world to our grandchildren that includes pandas.

This is the job you've been given. You are elected officials. Do what is right, not politically expedient.

I have faith you will all come to your senses. Do it now. It is not about "party." It is about Our Country.

Be True Patriots!

1 comment: