Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Roses and Gravestones.

We had another, very satisfying rehearsal this evening. So far, we are swimming. I'm having a great time.

But... Today was about roses and other flora.

I was out on my walk earlier this afternoon and noticed the neighborhood was blooming with roses! The first exquisite example I found was just down the street and around a corner.
Perfection really. I walked along and found a lovely pink rose. The sun is a little bright in this photo, but there you have it.
I think the most extraordinary flowers are the multi-colored ones. How do they do this?

As my rose hunt continues I came upon these remarkable views, minutes from my home.
Don't you want to wander down that path? I do, but alas, I was wearing flip flops. Inadvisable.

Not roses, but strange flowers. I've never discovered the name for these particular specimens. Readers?
The flowers were blowing in the soft breeze.

My return walk found this lonely rose, trying to bloom through all the beauty around it. Look closely.

Finally, my roses. And, the longer view...

My loquat tree. It is, after all, a member of the rose family, and the fruit is succulent!

These last two pictures I've been meaning to share. My mother is buried here in Central California. She would have just loved this.

No comments:

Post a Comment