Friday, April 16, 2010

My Calling.

Had I not been fired, (fuck "let go") I'd now be in San Diego doing what we call pre-production. I'd be getting all the paper work ready, I'd be making sure the rehearsal spaces were prepared and I'd be collecting rehearsal props and costume pieces so we could jump into a 3 show rehearsal period.

Things change.

Change is good.

I've had a bit of a hard time these last few months, as you, my readers know. (We have a peculiar saying in my business. When asked the question, "What's next?" We invariably answer, "I'll never work again.") Shows the level of our insecurity, don't you think?

So, I'm pro-active. I took a job on a very small contract. LOA to HAT for those of you who know what that means... Great Job! I'm loving it. I am doing exactly what I'd be doing at the Globe. But, complicated because the theatre is just coming into the world of real professional theatre, and exciting because I get to help them do that.

Tomorrow is another story. I'm essentially interviewing for a job that will take me to Seattle, back to L.A. and then on to Johannesburg. Wow and Yeah! South Africa! I've been a little trepidatious about the whole thing until just now. As I write this on my blog, I find... I have to do this!

This is what I do. And, and some point, I have to accept that I am a gypsy. We are all gypsies. We go where we need to, to do the art.

I don't want to leave my husband or my father. But. I want to work. No, I have to work. This is my calling.

I will be brave. I will say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment