Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Job Hunt, Part 9, And The Reward.

I think there is nothing I'd rather do than wander the lanes and byways around my home, examining new flowers blooming, watching the mockingbirds attack the crows, watching the crows tease the hawks, the deer wandering nearby, and the friendly people smiling and greeting me as I pass by. I love coming home from these walks to cook dinner for my husband. He is such a good sport, and will tolerate every experiment I present to him. "Hey! Here's dinner." Next time the recipe will be successful. He eats it all. I love that.

And yet.

I've had too many weeks without work and all of a sudden (because I've said "yes" to everything) I'm working everyday. Hooray. I love working on my little contract at the LATC. The show is great and I am already proud of it. I had so much frantic fun calling the Spotlight Awards at the Music Center last Saturday. I'm looking forward to my next show at the Intiman in Seattle, LA, and Johannesburg without any trepidation. Oh, I clearly need to work. Even with the simplest show I find joy. There is just nothing like sitting in rehearsal and doing the work. It all makes me happy.

I will have time to walk. I will have time to cook. But, right now... I will treasure the work. I will enjoy the need. I will revel in the day to day business of putting on a show.

The Job Hunt will always continue. This is the nature of our particular beast. The off-time is the hardest. The work, the creation and presentation of a grand piece of theatre, is the reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment