Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tales From A City.

Once I worked with Anne Bancroft on a show, many years ago in LA. After a matinee, Anne asked me, "Where can an Anne Bancroft and a Mel Brooks go for dinner around here?"  I said, "...what?"  Louder and with emphasis this time,"Where can an Anne Bancroft and a Mel Brooks go for dinner around here?" I said, "Are you asking me where you and your husband can have quiet dinner?" Her exasperated reply, "Yes!" I sent them off to the local restaurant owned by those few who understand stars.  I thought at the time, "they live on some other plane." I look back.  I laugh.

One week gone, 9 weeks left.  Time does tick away, doesn't it?

I love what I've seen in Seattle.  I'll have to explore further tomorrow.  I had dinner with one of my cast members tonight and we had a great time, getting to know each other, finding out we had worked with some of the same people and inevitably complaining then gossiping.  We talked about South Africa and how well we will all know each other... later.  We talked a little sports and a little politics.  My new friend is too young to remember Anwar Sadat.  So, I told him about Sadat. (President of Egypt, Nobel Peace Prize winner for trying to bring peace to the middle-east and one of the good guys, assassinated in 1981.) We talked about California and New York City. He told me what he wants to do and see while here in Seattle.  (Fishing, rafting, exploring...) We laughed. All in all, a very nice comfortable dinner with terrific company.

Tomorrow is my first day off on this new journey. My regular readers will smile, but, I have to get my nails done!  Pre-production is unkind to my manicure. I did a load of wash last night (another of those great apartments with a washer and dryer in the unit.) But, I think, after all, I'll need to take a walk.  I will stroll and take pictures. It is green out there and spring-like. I'll be looking for flowers, but we'll see what strikes my fancy.

With apologies to Lord Byron:
She walks in silence, like the night,
Of cloudless climes and starry skies.
And all that's best in dark and bright,
Meet in her aspect and her eyes.

2 comments:

  1. She walks in beauty, like the night
    Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
    And all that's best of dark and bright
    Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
    Thus mellowed to that tender light
    Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

    One shade the more, one ray the less,
    Had half impaired the nameless grace
    Which waves in every raven tress,
    Or softly lightens o'er her face;
    Where thoughts serenely sweet express
    How pure, how dear their dwelling place.

    And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
    So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
    The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
    But tell of days in goodness spent,
    A mind at peace with all below,
    A heart whose love is innocent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous that you have a washer/dryer in your unit! Have fun exploring beautiful Seattle and I'll talk to you soon, my friend.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete