Saturday, June 12, 2010

Seattle Again.

I've become enormously annoyed by the incredible amount of trouble I've had getting online to post my blog. I think the problem is with the server. It is odd, and strange. I can get to a certain point signing in
with Safari, then… “we can't reach google/blogger… they must be busy.” Or Firefox. The icon spins and spins and then says “done.” The page is blank.  I go through aol and I reach the page that allows me to write my blog! I start to type and aol “unexpectedly” quits. Again and again.

Initially the servers wouldn't let me upload photos. Now, I can't upload photos to facebook! What is up with that? Truly… Aren't I visiting the home of the internets? Is this not where all this technology was invented? Do I have to go back to California to post?

I am writing this on a word document that I hope to either send to my husband to post, or email to myself at work and see if I can get on there. (No, I haven't tried yet at work. Silly! I'm working!)

Okay. Enough about all of that.

Seattle is wonderful. I was a little disappointed the Trader Joe's here did not have some of the same wonderful products I'm used to. But, there was enough and some new things I'd not seen before. 2 buck Chuck is 3 bucks here. Alas. Berries are more expensive. I forget, we grow all this in CA. Washington has to ship it. Adds to the cost. I bought some beautiful string beans and some new frozen dinners. I love the Clementine Sparkling “Beverage.” (A more fattening Coke.)

I have an early sort of pre-rehearsal tomorrow with the new cast members. I am doing a show done previously in Chicago and New York. Most are joining us on the journey, but 4 are new. We will work through the play with the few so they can catch up to the many. We start in earnest on Tuesday next.

We are ready. I've become very fond and protective of my director in the very few days I've been here. The theatre is in a bit of an upheaval, new artistic staff (my director is the new artistic director) and a very young group managing too many things. Challenging. The crew seems solid and are just looking for leadership. I've made friends with the steward.

I like everyone here. I just need middle management to work a little faster, step up… attend to the rehearsal and performance needs NOW. During the apparently long transfer period of transition some personnel have become a bit easy-going. It is okay. Every place has its own challenges.

I met some of my cast members today. I am in love. If they are all as lovely as the three I've met and the other 2 I've spoken to, we will have a grand time together.

I'm jazzed. I'm loving it all.

I'm lonely too. I'm alone and living in Seattle. Yikes… It rains here all the time!

Oh! The Space Needle is… RIGHT OVER THERE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment