Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Show.

We are heading into tech.  We've had a truncated rehearsal process because most of the company has done this before.  We actually need the rehearsal because much of the piece is re-thought and with 4 new company members, we need to give them time to contribute and come up to speed.  Crazy.  Two weeks, and then tech, on a very delicate show.  Crazy.

We are doing very well.  I am one of the new folk.  I've had to come up to speed very quickly.  It is good.  A little disorienting, but good.  I am one with my newer actors and am finding ways to greet and meet my experienced ones.  I only want to help and make the process as clean as it can be.  I am hoping my company is coming to realize this.

I want to say we had a good day.  Every day we've had in rehearsal has been a good day, we've learned, we've grown, we develop the story. Every day is HARD!  The subject matter is so difficult and so important, we break down often.  Sometimes, just a bit.  Sometimes, rehearsal stops.  We stop.  We regroup.  We try it again.  A difficult tale to tell. Very hard on my actors.

But, Oh! What a glorious horrible tale that needs to be told!

I am back in the thick of things.  I am happy.  I am working my heart out.  It is good.

1 comment: