Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Luckiest Person On The Planet.

So much. This week has been full of so much. We bought the car for my niece. With the help of a fairly patient salesman who looked out for the car we really wanted we bought her a 2008 Kia Spectra with just 30,000 miles on it, in black as she wanted. I have to say, it is a beautiful car, still under warranty and safer than anything I drove as a teenager. Success! My beautiful niece in turn learned a lot about buying a car, safety in the car, dealing with salesmen, and negotiation. All in all, a good experience. (I am closer to her than ever and that makes my heart sing flowers.)

My brother dropped by last night because he'd been missing my husband. My husband is not always able to come to family gatherings, and my brother needed to see him. Love that. Love that the love sometimes just takes over and an individual recognizes a private visit has to take place. It is all about keeping the love and the friendship in place. It doesn't matter that one is sick. One still has to visit .. one.

Aside from the fact that I have completely bonded with my niece, my sister and I have spent some great time together, negotiating the car, putting the funds together, having lunch, buying her boyfriend a birthday gift, getting a gift for the poor ignored 13 year old... marvelous and engaging and exhausting. I love it. I love them. Another dimension where I'm able to participate. No theatre at all.

Do I miss theatre? Yeah. But not yet. I've yet to spend time with my husband. My side of the family needs me too. He and I will find time, it just hasn't happened yet. People ask me why I'm not looking for work... I have work. I have a quality of life to maintain. I have people I love who need me, and now, back in LA, I need to answer those needs. It is satisfying. It is the work I've left undone for 6 months. I'm back.

I want to sit in the backyard. I want to find a way to pay for a landscaper. I want to spend time with my husband and my friends. I want to see the redwoods again and the wild world that is right here in California. Ah, my dreams.

I've had a great 4 year run at the Old Globe in San Diego. I have promised them one more year. But, things have changed. I will wait and see. I will wait and see. In the meantime, I've my 84 year old father to look after, I've my husband, I've my sisters and my brother and my many nieces and nephews who need attention too. I've my friends.. (Nansi? Fred? Jimmie? Paul? Charlie? Michael? Darko? George?) My life is full.

I don't have much money, but I may be the luckiest person on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment