Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Will Wear My Tiara.

Pumpkins... and October! My father used to call me "pumpkin." Only because I was born on Halloween. So "pumpkin" worked. (Yes, I've looked like a pumpkin once or twice in my life... I'm struggling to never fit that profile again.)

I went to the farmer's market in Mission Hills in "The Valley" today, just to buy corn. Fresh picked. I ended up buying tomatoes and nectarines right off the tree. Too good. We had a GREAT dinner tonight, all fresh and all tasty and clean. I love clean food. I'm sure I will write a blog about that at some other time.

I've been watching Albert Brooks films recently. Oh, my gosh! So funny and moving. We saw "Defending Your Life" last night, and watched "Mother" tonight. I've pulled "Lost in America" for tomorrow. (I own them all.) What a brilliant humorist. What a brilliant writer. Too entertaining, and heart moving. Where is he now?

Good heavens, it is hot tonight.

I recently listened to the "greatest hits" of Steppenwolf. They had 2 or 3 great songs. The rest is CRAP. What a realization!

I know I don't talk much about what is happening in the world. I am aware, I just choose not to dwell. I feel like local news has become a police blog, and the world news ignores the very real issues we all face every day. I think congress has lost complete touch with the people who elected them, and I am not holding out any hope for real change. (I suspect congress will just make things worse, despite our constant protests and letters.)

I like October. I foresee the Santa Ana Winds. (I hate the winds, but, I understand them!) I look forward to the night the children knock on my door looking for candy. (I always buy full sized Butter Fingers. We are very popular on our block and I get to see all the costumes!)

My birthday is Halloween. Yes, every year. My favorite dinner is my beef stew. (I will cook it myself, thank-you.) My favorite activity is putting out pumpkins and handing out candy. I will wear my tiara.
.

1 comment:

  1. Love Albert Brooks - Defending Your Life and Mother are two of my favorites - and I think Debbie Reynolds is surprisingly fantastic in Mother. My nephew and my brother-in-law are both Halloween babies - and now you! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete