Sunday, October 25, 2009

I walk and I think.

Well. We have a new device that allows us to watch Netflix on our TV with no additional charge from Netflix. This is positively brilliant! We are currently watching (at our leisure) all the Sherlock Holmes Mysteries produced by the BBC with Jeremy Brett. Truly delicious. Direct to the television, very little tech involved, no extra cost to us and positively fabulous. Love technology! Makes each evening very special.

I walk and think. I have pictures again, but maybe I said it all in the last blog. The most moving picture I've taken lately is the very skinny and gray deer we found feeding on someone's property. I took the two pictures and then saw two more deer doing the same thing. The deer are hungry and dispossessed. One more was up on the local hillside. The hills have burned and they have to dare to come down, just to eat. My heart hurts for them.

I walk and I think. I consider people I consider friends. I look at them from all sides. I ponder and wonder who is the real friend and then I find myself calling my husband, just because I miss him. I am on a two hour walk and I miss him. How do I do six months away? An enigma.

I walk and I think. I worry about the people I don't call. I worry about the ones who don't call me. Some I've lost, and some I'll have forever. Like the prodigal son, there are those I'll take back with no questions asked, and then there are some who've stayed around who will have to answer for their sins. Some I love unconditionally. Some I will never lose. Some I will lose and wonder why. But, I will revel in the love I've found, and not ponder too much the love I've lost. Wondering only, if those lost individuals knew I would take them back into my fold with so much as a "how are you?"

My heart is too much on the table and I have to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment