Saturday, September 5, 2009

Thoughts and a Paul Simon Quote.

Poker game tonight next door. No, I don't play, but I do appreciate the actors again spending time together. Three more weeks and we are done. We have 8 Twelfth Nights, 6 Cyranos and 5 Coriolanuses (that looks weird, what is the plural of Coriolanus?), left to perform. Not very many. Kinda sad.

This has been my most favorite company ever. The cast and crew are generous supportive people. They all honestly like each other. I like them. I would work with them all forever if I could. A true REP company. We did it. It took 6 years (I've been here the last 4 years) but we figured out the right mix of people and product. So, of course, next year we will fuck with it. Oh, it will be a new adventure with lovely new people, no doubt, but it will never be this wondrous thing again. It will never be this mix. This perfection. As I've said before, I'm a little sad it is nearly over.

I will return to my Sunland life September 28. It will take a bit of adjusting and a lot of sleep. I will get lost on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I'll try to get out of bed on the wrong side. I won't remember my way around the local grocery store. 5 months 3 weeks is a long time to be away from home. (I make the opposite adjustment when I move to San Diego.)

I'll be with my husband. I'll see my dad. I'll see more of my family. I'll be back in my own kitchen, far larger than this apartment's. I'll cook for my friends and family. I'll water the lawn and read the hard copy of the paper.
My husband will do the dishes.

I'll have my crispy mountains. I'll have my long hilly walks. I'll chat with my neighbors who have nothing to do with theatre. I'll be more immediately involved with my union. I'll be better prepared to teach my class. I'll casually look for other work and not really worry about it. I'll drink a margarita in the middle of the week, outside, in my own backyard.

I'll be home.

"Homeward bound.
Home, where my thoughts escaping
Home, where my musics playing
Home, where my love lies waiting
Silently for me."

1 comment:

  1. Hard to believe it is almost over! An amazing group of artists this summer - I miss you all. I had the same adjustments when I came back home. Wrong side of the bed, getting to know my home again...all of it. I'm happy you'll be back home with your husband and your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete