Friday, September 25, 2009

Endings.

My performance report tonight (edited only to exclude actor/designer names):

"We had a wild and wonderful performance this evening. Sir Andrew made me laugh, out loud, throughout the show, on headset, calling cues. It felt a little like a Marx Brothers Film. (In a good way.) Orsino's Guy #4 got a gasp and a little applause for his flip off the bridge.

We started off with a music rehearsal when it was warm with a chance of bugs.

By the end of the evening we had major fog rolling in from the ocean clouding Act 5. (The lighting designer) would have loved this, his light shafts were all clearly visible. The fog also meant the planes took off over our stage instead of over the ocean, so a lot of air traffic noise this evening.

Standing Ovation."

Did I mention we perform on an outdoor stage? See what fun this is? See why I am torn about leaving? One of each show left. 3 total and we are done. Endings. I know there is something new already beginning, but right now, sitting in an apartment that will belong to someone else in 4.5 days, I can see only endings.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this made me happy and sad. I wish I had been there to see the show. The magic will continue for a few more days. Give my love and best wishes to everyone please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a rare gift to enjoy and embrace whatever endeavor puts food on the table, money in the till, still keeping you energized.
    It's why you'll never ever be alone, subsisting just fine, thank you.
    And that's comforting to me. Big time.
    Congrats on your fourth season!
    Without you, the whole thing's shit.
    (If I do say so, myself)

    ReplyDelete