Sunday, November 14, 2010

First Person. Living In The Moment.

It is inevitable. It is the way the world is. Days go by.

Some days are spent with small tasks, small accomplishments.

I got the car smogged. (Okay, that was Thursday.)
The wash is done. (Phil did it. Yesterday.)
The dishes are clean again. (God, the dishes... seems like everyday there are dishes to do!)
I made my bed. (Yesterday and Today!)

I take pleasure and satisfaction in the tiniest tasks, those small accomplishments.

I checked my email. That took a while. I have 3 accounts.

I spent a little less time on facebook and a little more time talking to people.
I walked.
I did some weight lifting. (My arms are a little saggy.)
I bought a ticket to a show and I thought about calling my friend and then I forgot to.

I checked the mail, threw out most of it and filed the rest.

I wandered away and later Phil picked me up at the grocery store.

I made the best dinner ever! (Filet Mignon wrapped with bacon on the bar-b-cue. A salad, some garlic bread, baked potatoes and lima beans.) Marvelous.

I sat with my husband and watched old time television (Dick Van Dyke) and we talked.
He and I ignored today's news.

We'd taped 13 hours of a marathon and didn't watch network television while the taping was going on.  Our system wouldn't let us. But, we found a way to use Netflix. (yay) (Hence, the Dick Van Dyke episodes...)

We watched 2 hours of what we'd taped.

He went to bed.

And here I am.

I never worried about tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. I never worried at all. Nothing to be done until Monday. No point worrying. No point anyway.

Tomorrow is Sunday.

Sunday is a bright and wonderful new day. I've lots to do.

Living in the moment works. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment