Saturday, July 24, 2010

Trees Of Mystery And Baby Ducks.

I was trying to find a way to Whole Foods and found myself walking in a somewhat industrial, abandoned neighborhood.  Not scary, just not very attractive.  I looked across the street and saw this:
It is a tree growing from inside an abandoned building.  There were actually 2 or 3 trees. No trunks!  Too bizarre.  I got closer:
Can you see the trunk?  That is inside the building. 
The trees have knocked out the upper windows. I couldn't see inside. The lower windows are frosted. Total Twilight Zone moment. I'm trying to imagine the story behind these trees.  Was the building an arboretum at one time? It looks like an old office building. Did workers leave behind plants in their abandoned cubicles? Was it a nursery? Hmm. The trees look so healthy! The true Trees of Mystery!

You will be relieved to know I did in fact find Whole Foods. The Seattle Whole Foods has a different recipe for chicken salad, and I was having none of it!  I left empty-handed. As I exited I looked north, up the street. I could see a body of water!  It was the opposite direction of the Sound. What is this? I had to see.
 
Apparently I'd found Union Lake. Geese grazing.
And baby ducks!
They are really hard to see. Momma Duck forced them into the water before I could get a good picture. Alas.

Another day filled with small adventures. 
These solo sojourns help my head and my body. 
How nice to work in a place where one can wander freely.

1 comment:

  1. The tree thing is just plain bizarre! How did that happen? It fascinates me.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete