Thursday, July 22, 2010

Northwest Flowers, And A Surprise!

I continue to wander through the Queen Anne neighborhood in Seattle. It was finally a beautiful sunny day last Monday. I was taken with the brilliance of the summer flowers.
 
So vivid and bright! I love these very large daisies. 
Beauty everywhere I looked. 
I came across a lawn filled with dandelions. Oh, how I love dandelions. I just can not think of these little yellow flowers as weeds. My neighbor boy (long since moved) used to come over to our backyard because we had the "magic" flowers. He loved blowing the dandelion seeds (and spreading more!)
  
I walked to the top of Queen Anne again, then climbed further.  There is a neighborhood above the little town at the top of the hill.  At the tippy top I found some tennis courts and a fire station. Not really very interesting pictures. I did come across the largest monkey puzzle tree I'd yet seen: 
 
I wandered down this little path.  
Then wandered back.  
I really felt like I was in a small town. 

Steep stairs down.
And more very steep stairs.  I treaded carefully! (I trod carefully? - That can't be right.) 

The next day (Tuesday) I was less ambitious. I unsuccessfully tried to find the Whole Foods Market.  I did manage to get to the opposite side of the Seattle Center. This huge sculpture made me stop. 

And, then, of course, I found myself back at the Space Needle. Surprise!  I love the bright bright sun in the photo, but was worried the picture would not turn out, so I took this one too:
Beautiful, eh?  (Thanks to my sister-in-law for suggesting the angle.)

Tomorrow I will find Whole Foods. I looked it up on the internets! At the very least, I will be walking away from the Space Needle.  

1 comment:

  1. Mary these are wonderful - I recognize so many. Thanks for sharing! Denise

    ReplyDelete