Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Seagull.

My drummer has the habit of warming up his hands pre-show, outside. Outside is The Seattle Center. He drums, I smoke for a while and visit with him. Lately, we've had another visitor. A seagull. This lovely bird has been floating down to attend Ron's warm-up.
 I come outside to smoke and witness something amazing.  The bird is completely intrigued with Ron's drumming and his song. The bird comes closer.
I can't get any closer, because the bird then flies away. Not interested in photos. Just interested in the drum beat and the music. (Ron sings.)


This was two days ago. Ron tells me the bird comes back.  Ron was late to 1/2 hour tonight and I was outside. The bird came back. It waited. It wandered around. It looked at me when I played a rhythm with my keys. It flew away. Ron finally came out and the bird returned, wandering around him, listening. Can't get a better picture, the bird is onto me.

But, HOW MARVELOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment