Saturday, July 10, 2010

Another Opening.

Opening Night.  A milestone every time.  A marker in the course of our journey.  And now we do the real work of presenting and performing and changing minds and teaching.  Exciting all.

Just now, as I wrote the word "milestone" I had a picture appear in my head.  Something like this:

Or maybe this: 
I'm not sure I ever connected the concept of "milestone" with the actual reference to a "milestone."

That kind of connection seems to be happening with more frequency lately.  I will try to track the phenomena. The words we use have such meaning; concepts that communicate and breathe life into a discussion. Colorful, I guess. "Milestone" is a colorful word. It tells a story. Love that.

So.  My happy opening! How lovely to be connected with such talented people. How wonderful to be part of a show so good and so telling. How fantastic to communicate the tale to an audience. I am blessed, honored and humbled to be part of the journey my company and I are taking.

I hope you all get a chance to see "RUINED" by Lynn Nottage. It is well worth the ticket price and may change your life.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment