Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Thank-You Note.

I received the following thank-you note the other day. It was so charming, I had to share it!


I know it is difficult to read... it is in pencil, written by my 11 year old niece.

"Dear Aunt Mary and Uncle Phil,
Thank you for the Alice In
Wonderland books and The Hobbit. I haven't
started to read them because I'm up to
my knees in books. I'm also afraid that when
I read them I will spill something or rip the
book and I don't want to do that because
there so beautiful. I promise I will
overcome my fear.
Love,
Piper"

Her writing is clear and conversational. She tells a story with very few words. (A lesson there!)

"I promise I will overcome my fear." How wise and timely. How astute for an eleven year old, and what good advice!

(Uncle Phil and I are still laughing with delight.)

No comments:

Post a Comment