Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cheese Bread.

I shopped for my husband today. He's been left to fend for himself a little bit these last few days. How lovely I've found the time. I made a beautiful chicken and mushroom sauce I put over linguini, topped with parmesan and parsley. Lots of butter. A little salad and some garlic cheese bread rounded out the meal. Watermelon for desert. It was all divine. (And enough left-overs for tomorrow.)

Cooking is one of my true passions. I love the order and the routine of it all. I love setting a table and presenting my husband with the creation. (No matter how routine the dinner is, he always says, "you should serve this to company, next time.") I love that he loves my cooking. I learned from my mom. I'm a better cook than she was (the truth) but I've adopted her philosophy. Protein, Green Vegetable and Starch. Balance. Everybody is happy and everyone is nourished. It works.

I like what works. At work, my Tech Director and I are still friends after the email I sent last night. Still haven't heard from the General Manager, which is a bit weird. But... I've accepted my lot and I love my young designers, my new-found new friends. The work is continuing to get better. I'm fine with it all. Somehow, as it always does, the show will go on. Love that.

Cooking and stage managing. Life is good. I'm grateful and I'm happy. (I leave in a month for Seattle. Yikes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment