Sunday, January 29, 2012

Coyotes And Disinformation.

I saw a coyote the other night in Burbank, just willy-nilly crossing the street. Now, I know what you will say. "It was a dog." No. I have lived in California most of my life and I know what a coyote looks like. This animal was just walking across the street on Glen Oaks and was perfectly at home. The problem and the remarkable nature of this was that he was many blocks from wilderness and in fact in a heavily populated area. Stunning, always. I slowed down for this coyote and wondered. I loved seeing him. How fabulous!

My tech is going well. My actors are able to rehearse while we tech. The crew is fantastic... Love them. First performance is Wednesday. We'll be ready. This is always so much fun. Looking forward to an easy lovely run.

The wind here has been just ferocious and awful. We lost some of our roof.. Bummer. Phil is all ready to fix it but the winds need to die down first. So dry. So windy. Such angry angry wind!

The climate has changed since I was a girl, many long years ago. I don't know how one can deny it. It is the middle of winter and we are already on "fire alert." Really? Scary.

I know. The world is flat and evolution is a theory. And man lived with dinosaurs and the world is only 6,000 years old... and we did not have a common ancestor with the apes... And we are "god's" creatures... And the Tardis is real and unicorns just didn't make it onto the ark, and the moon is made of cheese. Tell me more, please.

Wondering where we are all headed.. Wondering if disinformation is ultimately what we will all believe. A little frightened by some of my fellow Americans. Looking for the truth and not the faith.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love you, Mary. You just channel my thoughts and express them eloquently.

    ReplyDelete