Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Another Story Of A Lazy Imbecile.

I am writing this on my iPad that doesn't seem to like blogger.com, so we'll see how this turns out....

Trying to come home this evening I was stopped by a blocked road... Okay, I'll take the route chosen for me. I truly tried. I got lost in Shadow Hills and ended up back on the street I'd just left, only earlier in the route. I finally decided to ask the "parking enforcement officer" who was positioned in his car, for directions. It was nearly midnight and very dark. I was on my way home from rehearsal. There were traffic cones everywhere; not wanting to cross them, I stopped my car where the cones wanted me to turn left. Immediately, I was yelled at by a parking enforcement officer who did NOT get out of his car - to move my car to the side of the road. Okay. I went through the cones and parked. This officer sat in his car and talked to me from afar. I asked him how to get home. He said, turn left and you will reach Wheatland. I'm not stupid, I knew Wheatland was around there somewhere, but I'd just driven, in the dark, and couldn't find the correct turns to get there. He said, again, still in his car, "Everybody else has found it!" I said, "No. Everyone is driving around in the dark, lost, backing up, stopping and looking confused." He said " Just follow the cones." K. There were no cones past the initial left turn. I asked him to give me directions.. What street? He said," Bluebell, turn left. I said, "That doesn't work." I asked why I couldn't get through, He said..."There was a traffic accident. Do you think I just get up in the morning and decide to close the road? Yeah, that's what I do in my spare time..." He actually continued being a smart ass. I pointed at him and said, "Fuck You!" I walked away, back to my car and headed off into the dark, a 57 year old woman trying to get home at midnight. I got to Marybell, not Bluebell, as he'd said and turned right, not left, as he'd told me, and finally found my way home. I was pissed. Along the way I saw.. both times I went through Shadow Hills, lost people, backing up, parking and looking around, coming out on the wrong side, as I did.
Is it any wonder so many people are frustrated with government workers? This man's job was to help me. Well. He failed. I fended for myself.. Again. His only thought was to prevent me from passing. Okay, safety issue, I get it. But I was in potential danger too. I was ignored and looked on as a crazy lady. I was in need of some real help. Really. What the fuck! Who are these people we are hiring who are supposed to protect us. Fuck him and the horse he road in on. I want these people replaced with people who will serve the public good. This goes for congress too. I am sick to death of arguing with lazy imbeciles.

1 comment:

  1. Okay that would have really made me angry - and then I probably would've cried on the way home. I remember a Chicago cop was writing me a parking ticket and when I questioned him he told me if I didn't be quiet he would write me up for another infraction. I was so stunned at how mean he was! I'll never forget that. It's awful to see people behaving so meanly to me - or others! Sometimes I even get upset when customer service treats me so nonchalantly (no thank you or smile). Tom reminds me constantly that this isn't the 50's anymore and to not expect kindness everywhere. Well at least that way I will be pleasantly surprised when someone is actually kind. Overall, my interactions with folks in the outside world are 50/50. Just a smile or kind word really makes the diff. Wishing you kind people everywhere you go :-) Take care, DM

    ReplyDelete