Sunday, February 26, 2012

Save Our Souls Later.

I watch the news every night. I watch and read and am involved. I research things I don't understand so I can comment intelligently about the topics we should be talking about. I want to have a concrete understanding of empirical fact. Here is what I've discovered.

Gas prices are not controlled by presidents. As much as I'd liked to, and wanted to, I didn't blame George W. Bush for the incredibly high gas prices in 2006 and 2007. Prices are controlled by Wall Street speculators looking at "futures." All of that has to do with betting against enough oil (there is enough oil) because of the Middle East instability or some other potential future shortage. Speculators are betting against us. Those same speculators are American Citizens. They are throwing all their cards where they think profit lies and that drives up gas prices. The pipeline from Canada to the Gulf is so Canada can export oil to China. It is not about oil for the USA. We won't get that oil. China is offering a better price. We will sacrifice so much natural wonder to make yet another deal with China. Yeah, such a good idea!  

I love wind farms. I know a lot of people object. I think wind farms are beautiful. Republicans might find it interesting that some of the most ardent opposition to wind farms are progressive Democrats. Well, I think you are all wrong. Wind has great power and we should use it!

I am for nuclear power. When regulated and actuated correctly it is a wonderful source of power. Caveat: Regulation is key.

Drill baby Drill! Let's talk about that. Well, aside from the fact that we'd destroy our greatest resource, the beauty of our country, it would take until 2030 to find enough oil to offset our oil dependence. Bush couldn't do it in 8 years. Neither could his dad. I am not really shilling for Obama, I'm just saying we are stupid if we don't look for alternate energy sources. And POTUS has nothing to do with it.

We have to take care of our planet. We have to look out for ourselves too. We have to stop being distracted about who has rights and who doesn't. We all HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS. Get over it.

Really, just today, Santorum said we shouldn't try to send our kids to college!!? He wants to keep us all pliant and ignorant and unable to compete in the wider World Economy. Who is this guy and why is anyone paying any attention to him?

Education is the key. Let us show the world as it is, let us show the truth, or at least the facts{!} to all, and trust the people to understand. Then... when they've been educated.. oh what a world.

By the way, I've not heard one Republican candidate talk about the wider world view. We have a crisis in the Middle East. Americans are killed nearly every day overseas.. and yet, these candidates prefer to talk about my body. How out of touch is that? 

Oh. I am so less concerned with my reproductive rights right now than I am concerned about Syria and Afghanistan.

Really. Do I have to say it? Wake Up!

People are dying. . Let us help them and rescue them. We can save their souls later.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment