Friday, February 17, 2012

No More Sex.

I'm so done with the Republican Party Platform. I am a thinking, hard working woman. I think of myself as middle class, but I am probably low middle class based on my income and their own evaluation.  I'm beyond distressed at the attack on women now coming from not just Tea Party Republicans, but Republicans in general. I used to think we had an honest discussion going on. I have never voted along party lines just because someone was a member of my registered party. I'm disgusted. I'm disillusioned. There is no discourse in this country anymore. EVERYONE is INTRACTABLE! 


I do and will continue to have control of my own body. Period. (Yeah.. ha ha, double entendre.. you are an idiot.) When will Republicans believe liberals are NOT for abortions. We want to prevent them too. But, we are facing a reality here where illegal abortions KILL women. So.. to safeguard living human beings we made a compassionate choice (way back in the 70's) that women didn't need to die using coat-hangers.
We tried to spread the word about birth control. And, in case you weren't listening.. not having sex. It was called "Sex Education." Banned in a lot of places! I went to a Catholic Girls School. My sex education was called Christian Marriage. Fortunately the Nuns found a woman doctor to teach the class. Thank goodness! We actually learned something!


Right to Lifers always think we are "for killing babies." Not true. Never true. We are looking to save the 13 year old incest rape victim from having to spend 9! months reliving that rape. What man can say the same thing. This is NOT a discussion for men. Sorry. It is NOT. This is not your body. Step out of the conversation. We are NEVER looking to call abortion a method of birth control. It is too devastating. No one should have to have an abortion. Sometimes it is the only option. Who are you, you man asshole to say it is not necessary? You have NO say in this. This is my body. I will smoke and drink and do with it as I please. That is between me and my god. Wait. are you saying I can't practice my religion too?


Really. This debate is about Women's Rights. Women.. will you stand for this? Have we once again become second class citizens? I am too infertile to care, yet I do. I fought this battle and won. You, you need to fight again against the oppressive nature of the New Republican party. It is not your Dad's party anymore. It is trying to take us back, pre- 1950's.


Do you know about the ERA amendment to Congress? Equal Rights for Women?  From the 1970's? It still hasn't passed.


Tell me about how some men think of you.


My Call, specious as it is: Stop having sex with men who don't support your civil rights. Do this and they will change their tune.


xo.



1 comment: