Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Job Hunt. Part 2.

Here I am in the second week of job-hunting. I don't seem to be very dedicated and anything and everything distracts me. I did finally make an appointment to meet with the Artistic Director of the new LATC. That will happen next Tuesday. In the meantime, I've had a mammogram and will go see my podiatrist tomorrow. (My left foot has been bothering me. Hmm, kind of funny in its way.)

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. (Yikes, Shakespeare.) The perseverance is all. The constancy to the task creates the opportunities. I will endeavor, but at my own pace.

In the meantime... I barbecued ribs tonight, added a little cole slaw and some potato salad. Perfect. I watched The Food Network and discovered that gelatin (Jello, gummy bears and the like) are all made from pig skin. Wondering if my vegetarian friends know this. I've seen some of them eat gummy bears. I found this new fact a bit amusing. I've a perverted sense of humor, perhaps.

Whenever my husband feels up to it, I'm game for whatever he wants to do. He doesn't feel that well very often but if he wants to journey out... well, out we go! It is too important to let that opportunity fly by. So, cooking, t.v. and little travels all take me out of some concerted effort to find work. I find I am okay with it all.

That's it. That is week two, at the start.

Maybe I'll try going to bed before 3am.


1 comment:

  1. I was over visiting Mockingbird Hill Cottage and your name intrigued me, sugar, so I thought I'd drop by for a visit. I find reading your blog has calmed me a bit and it was refreshing to read. Nice to meet ya, chick!
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete