Wednesday, January 6, 2010

And The Answer Is.

New thoughts.

I have sent out tentative tendrils tasting the job market. Throughout my career I have been enormously lucky. I haven't had to actually actively search since I was about 30 years old. This is almost like losing a husband and having to date again. I don't know where to start and this all feels a little embarrassing. No, I know what you'd say, but it feels that way.

2 days. That is all I've spent so far. Tentative outreach. Somehow the mere asking is more humiliating. This makes me hesitant. I am used to people calling me. It is all a bit crushing to be here, now, after all my good work and after all this time. (Nearly 30 years.)

I just may be enormously impatient. 2 days after all.

Yes, I've bought the on-line version of ART-SEARCH. I check the EQUITY listings. But, Stage Management jobs are found mostly on reputation and connections. I have those, and after 2 whole days no one is calling.

I'm ridiculous, I know.

I am also being a little sardonic and glib.

Something will come. Something always comes. Don't Panic.

How many surrealists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A fish.

m.

No comments:

Post a Comment