Sunday, May 29, 2011

Swimming And Driving.

There are two things Californians don't understand.

1. What do you mean you don't know how to swim? How is that possible? What kind of parents do you have? Then.. I'm reminded that a lot of the country is not near water. Well, even so. Don't you think you should know how to swim? It could save your life!

2. What do you mean you don't know how to drive? You expect everybody to just drive you? Now, admitably I live in LA, and WE LEARN TO DRIVE AT 15! We have to. The public transit here is just plain silly. Then I realized some of you grew up in New York. Yeah. Why would you ever drive? But.. just to have the option to rent a car and get out of the city? So. I don't understand why everyone doesn't learn to drive.

Enough. Just some thoughts. Advice from Mary: Learn to swim!

I took a few pictures with my trusty old phone. I was looking for curiosities and new discoveries. This is all very local, and all about surprises.

Wild Sunflowers

The one that made me stop.

Yikes! Trapped Flowers!

What are these flowers? They bloom all over my mountains.

Look! A Berry! (Oh! I see two!)

I am SO taken with the rose bush producing different colors.

A Surprise over the fence.

woodland

I never saw this before. Breathtaking!

1 comment:

  1. Ok..."trapped flowers" cracked me up. Oh..here's another one I don't understand "What do you mean you don't know how to ride a bike?"

    ReplyDelete