Wednesday, May 11, 2011

After Midnight Scattered Thoughts.

Free Counters don't work very well. I speak from experience.

The poppy is the State Flower of California. Did you know that?
California Poppy



It is disturbing to me that I can't type what I will later see. Even the "preview" lies. So.. I present this piece as I typed it. I'm done spending time making it look perfect. (I need an editor.)

Perception is nearly everything. In Theater it is everything.

I have a really good feeling that everything is about to turn around. Am I an optimist or a fool?

My peace plant blooms at least twice a year. That is a really good sign.

I'm doing so well with my basil that I've decided to grow thyme.

I hate when aol interrupts my thoughts.

When one forgets the night light one is blind.

We cut down a Japanese Elm 11 years ago.  Yesterday I found a volunteer growing behind the oleander.  11 years later! It is easily 8 feet tall. I feel I should let it be.

My walk revealed an exotic poppy.




I love this wild and garish flower. It seems to overgrow everything in its path. How wondrous!

Math still calls to me. I'm thinking about taking another calculus class.

My crippled husband is fixing the brakes on his car. He still changes the oil in both cars. HE IS A MUSICIAN! He should be surrounded by screaming fans and pursued at each appearance. Instead, he helps the homestead. His persistence battling his chronic condition is inspiring. Stunning.

I spend Friday early evenings with my dad. We chat and go to dinner. He gets to finally drink all he wants because I will drive him home. (He loves margaritas, especially at this little place in the valley.)
He is 86. My siblings are all over him. I figure, What the hell. Let him do what he wants to be happy. He has a girlfriend (she is nearly 80) yet he misses my mother every day... I don't know what else I want to say about that.

If you were sitting with me right now, I would divert the conversation back to the poppies.

You know, in California we have a poppy preserve. It is a huge expanse north of Los Angeles where poppies grow. I haven't been there since I was quite small, but my dear husband and I will visit it soon.

I'll send you pictures and wish you were there.

xo.

1 comment: