Friday, August 6, 2010

Miles To Go.

It is Fleet Week in Seattle.  All these beautiful young sailors wandering the waterfront.  Huge battleships and smaller tugs.  Humid as all get out, but fun too.  I caught sight of the Blue Angels, though I'm not fast enough to take a picture.  The photo to the left is a "fire boat."  Weird, when one sees it from afar and has no idea what is going on down in the Sound.
This is one of the HUGE ships that have come in.





















And this is a longer view of some of the boats I was able to capture.  Wait... Is that SMOG? 










That was today.  As I've said, I've been a little overwhelmed by all my pictures, so I will dole them out slowly... Last Monday, on the Harbor Cruise:
  I like the picture.  A very long view of the city.

I am aching to go home.  I really need to pack those boxes and send them off so home will start to feel real.  I already feel behind on the work I need to do for LA, and oh, gosh!  I start teaching on August 23!

Miles to go before I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment